Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the Footer, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
Essentially we have finished our style guide but in terms of the industry and…where we want to place ourselves in the industry and our career goals,…we should really take a hard look at what we are trying to do. Adding pro touches,…really scrutinizing both the front end and back end, looking at everything in…this site, there are few additional things that we could do to send this page…right over the top and show we really are the pros we want to demonstrate.…We should be always looking for ways to make our portfolio have that little…edge and stand out from the others. The first thing I might suggest is we could…improve upon the footer. So let's scroll down to the bottom of the page and…select that content. Now we learned how to use a div to corral the whole…content of the page but why not use that div concept again to create a box…around our footer and make it stand out from the rest of the content?…Select the text that is the footer text, come up to our favorite toolbar,…the Common toolbar, and select the Insert Div Tag. This will be an ID because it's a…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites