Icon fonts are a simple way to add imagery to your web page, but have the flexibility of styling them like fonts. In this video, take a look at a popular icon font and update your project.
- [Instructor] Icon fonts are a simple way to add imagery…to your webpage but have the flexibility of styling…them like fonts.…In part one of this series we talked about the different…ways to add fonts to your website.…Let's do a quick review.…Web-safe fonts refer to font files that are preinstalled…on the majority of computers or devices.…If the user doesn't have the font that you're using…in your CSS installed, then it won't be displayed.…Web fonts do not need to be installed on the user's…computer.…
There are two ways to include web fonts, an external source…which refers to a third party service, it allows you to link…directly to their hosted CSS files.…So there's nothing to download.…Or you can use an internal source which refers to font…files that you include in your project.…There is an additional step when using internal font files.…You'll need to use the at font face method to declare…the font family.…I won't be going over this technique in this lesson,…but if you want to learn more, I would recommend…
- Reviewing CSS syntax
- Reviewing simple selectors and attribute selectors
- Using pseudo-class selectors and pseudo-element selectors
- Reviewing the CSS box model
- Adding a menu to your project
- Using float, display, and position
- Debugging CSS
- Resetting stylesheets
- Working with background images
- Exploring a mobile-first approach for responsive web design
- Creating flexible and fluid layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Building Responsive Forms with Flexboxwith James Williamson1h 19m Intermediate
1. CSS Selectors
3. Tips and Tools
4. Responsive and Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.