Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use exercise files, part of Building a Responsive Portfolio Site.
- View Offline
- If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you may want to go ahead and download those now from the course page. Be sure to store them in a convenient location, like on your desktop, so that you can get to them easily before each new movie. Inside of the exercise files folder you'll see a series of chapter folders, each with a set of subfolders inside of it. These subfolders correspond to the exercises used in each movie throughout that chapter. When you see the overlay on screen indicating the folder and file name, just open up that file, and you'll be ready to follow along.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay too. You can still follow along using your own files, or you can just sit back and watch me take you through each individual exercise.
- Planning and setting up an HTML layout
- Creating responsive CSS grids
- Incorporating web and icon fonts
- Building a layout with the Skeleton grid
- Styling the website
- Using jQuery for simple lightbox effects
- Testing a website's responsiveness
- Adjusting media queries