Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video How Sass works, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
One thing to note here is that regular browsers…cannot read Sass files.…They've got to be compiled or turned into…regular CSS files.…So you've got your Sass files, they go through…a processor, and out comes your regular CSS.…Now I mentioned that these are some of the things…that make Sass so magical.…Let's take a quick look at some of these examples…in action over at Codepen.…We'll start with Sass variables, and I've already…gone ahead and input a little code here.…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.