If you stick to these properties,…you're setting your animations up…for the best performance result from the start.…The reason opacities and transforms are…more performant than the other properties is…because the browser has to go through fewer steps…behind the scenes to visually update them.…There are four steps of the browser potentially has…to go through to visually update any change on the page.…The first is Style which calculates…
Web designer Val Head introduces CSS transforms and transitions—the foundation of most CSS animations—and shows how to keyframe simple animations and adjust their timing, fill, and direction. She also covers looping and chaining animations, animating HTML and SVG elements, and optimizing animation performance, and introduces the best tools and use cases for CSS animation. Start watching to get your brand in motion.
- Using CSS transforms and transitions
- Working with animation-delay and animation-fill-mode
- Timing and easing CSS animations
- Animating elements in place
- Animating sprite images
- Animating CSS transforms and transitions
- Chaining multiple animations
- Animating SVG images
- Creating high-performance CSS animations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of CSS Transitions and Transforms
2. Understanding CSS Animations
3. CSS Animation Building Blocks
4. Applying CSS Animations to SVG
5. Performance, Browser Support, and Fallbacks
6. Tools for Creating CSS Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.