Start with an overview of HTML, and then get a review of HTML terminology, syntax, and the document object model.
- [Instructor] Before we jump into CSS,…let's start with a quick review of HTML.…HTML is used to define the structure of a webpage…and the meaning of the content to the browser.…Using semantic HTML helps with accessibility…and search engine optimization.…It also effects how you write the CSS,…since they are closely related together.…Front end web development refers to the languages…that run in the browser.…While these three languages work together,…they're each responsible for something different.…
With each new version, features are added or removed,…and syntax rules also change.…
- Creating a CSS file
- Writing basic selectors
- Setting properties
- Using different typefaces and web-safe fonts
- Understanding cascading and inheritance
- Setting a font family, font size, text color, and more
- Understanding the box model
- Using the float property
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. CSS Core
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.