- In this video, we'll cover best practices…for getting good .SVG output from Illustrator.…Illustrator is a popular vector drawing tool,…so it's no surprise that it's also a really…popular option for authoring and editing .SVGs.…You might notice that the export options…I'm about to show look a little different…when you go to try them yourself,…and that's a good thing.…The Illustrator team is actively updating and…improving their .SVG export features based on…community feedback.…We'll be exporting and optimizing this…battery icon for our example.…
As a first step, when you finish drawing your .SVG,…the first thing you want to do is fit your…art board to your artwork bounds.…The best way to do that is to select the…artwork you want to have in your .SVG…and then go to Object, Art Boards,…Fit to Artwork Bounds.…And you'll notice that now our entire…document is just the size of this battery.…Fitting your Art Board to the artwork bounds…means you'll avoid exporting a bunch of extra white space…around your .SVG.…If you've ever loaded up an .SVG into the browser,…
Web designer Val Head introduces CSS transforms and transitions—the foundation of most CSS animations—and shows how to keyframe simple animations and adjust their timing, fill, and direction. She also covers looping and chaining animations, animating HTML and SVG elements, and optimizing animation performance, and introduces the best tools and use cases for CSS animation. Start watching to get your brand in motion.
- Using CSS transforms and transitions
- Working with animation-delay and animation-fill-mode
- Timing and easing CSS animations
- Animating elements in place
- Animating sprite images
- Animating CSS transforms and transitions
- Chaining multiple animations
- Animating SVG images
- Creating high-performance CSS animations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of CSS Transitions and Transforms
2. Understanding CSS Animations
3. CSS Animation Building Blocks
4. Applying CSS Animations to SVG
5. Performance, Browser Support, and Fallbacks
6. Tools for Creating CSS Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.