Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining your HTML, part of Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sass.
- View Offline
And in this head section, there's nothing really that interesting,…except that we have a viewport tag that makes sure that what we're looking at is…compatible with mobile browsers.…Now, next up is the body section.…And of course, the first thing is this header tag right here.…This header tag has a couple of elements in it.…It has an article tag and that one has a class of full height.…Whenever you see this full height class,…it means that it's an element that I want to occupy the full height of the screen.…
- Compass, whose Sass mixins help you leverage CSS3 features like Flexbox
- Susy 2, the framework that "subtracts" the math from responsive grid design
- ScrollMagic, for adding "magical" scroll effects
- Breakpoint, which makes writing media queries in Sass a snap
But this course isn't just about the tools. It's a realistic project that epitomizes many of the design challenges website developers face in the real world. Start watching now and learn how to use HTML, jQuery, and CSS to build your own dynamic, deeply responsive designs.
- Analyzing the project before you begin
- Creating basic styles
- Building your own Sass mixins
- Coding the navigation
- Making the navigation responsive, with grids
- Using a split layout
- Creating tween animations
- Controlling scenes with scrolling