Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying URLS when printing, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- Now we are going to take all of the anchor links…in the page, and we are going to display…the URL that they point to in the page.…So if somebody prints this page…they can see the URL's for all of the anchor links…inside a parenthesis.…So let's go back to our .CSS file.…I am going to scroll up here a little bit,…I'm going to put this rule up here…after the "a, a:visited".…We are going to use Pseudo-Elements…for this technique as well.…We are going to start with an anchor tag…two colons, type in the word "after"…to add our pseudo-element,…then a comma and a space.…
We are going to target the regular links…and the visited links, so "a:visited",…this is the pseudo class…two colons, add a pseudo-element…then we will put in our brackets.…I'll split this open a little bit…with the comma we are targeting two individual items.…We are going to start with our content.…Now what we are going to do here…is we are going to put two tick marks…then a semicolon.…This is basically the content we are adding…we are gonna hit a space,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.