- So now that we have a fully working navigation system…built with CSS, there are a few considerations…that we'll want to take a look at,…when we start considering what will happen…on touch devices.…If you use this menu system on an Android device,…then Touchstart will activate the hover.…However, if the top level link is linked to an actual URL,…or any other page, the Android device…will activate the submenu,…but then it will immediately navigate away…to the final page.…So, if you want to support submenus on the Android platform,…and allow people to select those with touch,…make sure that the top level item is linked…to a pound sign, or a hash symbol,…which is a self-link.…
That way the Android browser won't navigate away,…and then somebody can make a secondary choice.…This would also need to be the case…for "Sub Link 3", under "Design Center",…since that has a submenu as well.…On the iOS platform, Touchstart also activates a hover,…just like on Android.…However, if you tap the link a second time,…the browser will then navigate away.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.