Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Deferring noncritical CSS, part of HTTP/2: Developing for Performance.
- [Narrator] In the previous movie, I showed you how we can…take advantage of multiplexing in HTTP 2…to modularize our CSS, and load the CSS up…in a critical path at the top of the page.…But, here's the thing.…My example is really, really simple.…This is a very simple page, it doesn't have a lot of stuff…on it, and you can imagine how if this was a really advanced…page or application, doing this might cause problems,…simply because you'd throw so many style sheets…at the browser, it would have trouble handling all of it…and it might not load exactly right.…
- What is website optimization?
- Understanding how browsers render content
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing images
- Optimizing code
- Compressing data with GZIP
- Optimizing file caching
- Leveraging CDNs
Skill Level Advanced
Designing Websites for Performancewith Brian Wood43m 32s Appropriate for all
1. Web Performance: An Introduction
Plan of attack1m 52s
2. Web Performance Visualized
3. Optimizing Images
4. Markup and Content
5. Optimizing Delivery
6. The End
Thank you2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.