Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your first task, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] We've got the basics…of our Grunt file set up.…So, let's get going with creating our first task.…And drum roll, that's going to be compiling…our Sass files into a CSS file.…And the package that we're going to use…to do that is this grunt sass.…So let's go ahead and check out…the documentation for how to set this up,…over on the NPM website.…Now, we've already installed it earlier in the course…so we can ignore that, so what we want to…look at here is this usage example.…
And we'll see some familiar components here.…We've got our loading Grunt task,…and here's that shell init config function,…and down here is this register task,…which we talked about briefly.…So, the setup looks like this:…we've got sass:, and then we add some…brackets that will contain our configuration.…Now, one thing I want to mention, here:…grunt sass is the Grunt version…of another package called node sass.…So we've got some documentation here,…that if we want to look at all of the available…configuration options here, we need…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.