- Now to start creating our main containers…let's go back to our index.html file in our text editor.…Let's come down here and let's select…this comment here that I have that says 'markup goes here.'…Let's delete that.…And let's start by adding that outermost div container.…So start with a div tag, add a space,…we'll add an attribute, id= " let's put in the word page,…let's end the tag, then let's end the div element.…
I'll come in here and split this open.…Now we can use a class or an id.…When you use an id in a page,…you should only use the id name once,…as opposed to class names, which we'll use in a moment.…Class names can be reused any number of times in a page.…But since this page container's only going to be used once…and it's going to hold all of our elements,…I'll use an id for this.…Now let's get our cursor inside of here.…Let's add our header element,…so I'll type header, and the tag, and the element.…
Let's hit a few returns. Next line,…we'll add a section element, end that one.…I will copy and paste this two more times.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.