Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating links, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
We have marked up all the parts of our page, but we haven't done one of the…most fun and most interesting things that is unique to web pages, …that they link to other places, that there's interactivity. So let's take a look at how…to add interactivity to our website by creating links.…At the top of the page I have created a simple text navigation bar. It's really…easy to use. It's really easy to create. They are used frequently within web…pages and often seen at the bottom of the web pages as a way for people…navigating to jump around through the website without having to scroll back up…to the top.…
How did I do this? For each section of your web page, you put a text name,…space, then type a pipe. The Pipe key is essentially found below your Delete…key on your keyboard. If you hold down your Shift key plus your backward slash key…that will create the pipe.…So let's go through this just one more time. Here is your section name, pipe…key, section name. You can do this all the way across the top of your page or…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites