Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom color palette, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
The last suggestion I would like to make to improve the style guide that…we've already created is just going that extra mile. And what would make a style…guide be just a little bit better, but we actually give a sample of our color…palette or we put a idea board together or we show different typographic usages?…A color palette is a great way to show your client that you are really thinking…about the whole project and the overarching ideas and you are really trying to…meet their objectives. So let's go out to Firefox and look at two online…applications that actually generate color palettes for you.…
The first one I want to show you is by a man name DeGraeve. It's an online…application that he actually developed. Your images need to be somewhere on a…server so that you can put a URL address inside here. I put the address to my…sort of playground server and this is where I try different things out and…teach students how to put things up and down. It's perfectly okay, if you want…to go to this URL. It's fine with me.…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites