Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a color palette with variables, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] I think variables may be…my very favorite part of Sass.…This is a huge time saver,…because you can assign values…to certain variables,…and then use those variables throughout your code,…and if you want to change…that value later on, you only have to do it…in one place, and it ends up…changing it all throughout your site,…and probably one of the…easiest variables to think of…when you're just starting with Sass,…is going to be a color pallette.…So, let's go ahead and define…a color pallette for a site.…
To do this, I'm going to use this site called Coolers.…It's a way that you can generate…or explore color pallettes.…You can also filter by a particular color.…So, I'm going to just say blue…and see what we come up with,…and if you don't like anything on the first go,…there's always subsequent pages to keep on going.…So, I think I actually like this red-blue one.…I'm going to click View,…and no, I don't want to watch tutorial,…so I'll dismiss that,…and here, I can see each of those colors…with their hex value, and then their fancy names,…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.