Now, we'll create a rule so that our anchor links…that are classed with the .btn style…will look like buttons.…Now, we've used this twice in our layout, as well.…We have one in the header area…and we have another one down in our…modern atmosphere area,…this link here.…So, back in our CSS file,…I'm going to put these above this header area…in more of our global text styles.…So, we'll type a.btn,…and it doesn't matter where you actually put this,…I just like to keep everything organized with…anything that's global, being sort of at the top,…and then anything that's segmented, in groups below.…
So, we got a.btn.…Put in our brackets.…The first thing we're going to do is that font size.…We're going to set this to 1.2em,…so 20% larger than the base font.…Next, we're going to set text decoration.…We're going to set this to none,…this way anchor links with a class of button…will not have an underline.…We're going to set a color of white,…so #,…and f for red, green and blue,…so three fs,…then a space.…
Next, we're going to set a border.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.