- Modifying the graphics
- Adjusting the CSS for the navigation
- Loading content with jQuery
- Loading alternate content based on screen size
- Animating the hero panel
- Maintaining support for Internet Explorer 7 and 8
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm this is Chris Converse and in this course I'm going to show you how to alter the user experience of a webpage based on screen size. While HTML and CSS can be very powerful for making a design responsive, adding in Java script gives you the opportunity to adjust the user experience as well. In this course we'll pick up from my responsive design course and we'll change the HTML based on screen size. We'll animate elements on the page, and we'll even change the way the navigation works. Instead of moving the navigation down to be below the content using just HTML and CSS, we'll use Java script to collapse the navigation, and we'll let users open the navigation with a single click or tap of their finger.
Now, if you've never tried Java script or jQuery before, fear not! I'll show you how to do all of these things step by step. So, I hope this course sounds interesting to you and if so, let's get started.