Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling mixin parameters, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we're going to get our images under control.…So we've got this hero image background,…and then we've got these large images…that are our feature images, and then further down…we have the images of some customers…that we're using for their testimonials.…Now, the particular Bourbon mixin…that I want to draw your attention to is called size.…Most of the times with mixins,…you'll be able to pass them a parameter of some sort.…And in the case of size, you can see…that you can set width and height with a single number.…
So if you want the same width and height,…you can just pass it any particular number,…either by pixels, rems, ems,…and then if you have something that's not a square size,…you can specify the width and the height individually…to help it scale proportionately.…So I'm going to show you how we can use these…to scale down the images on our website.…So let's head back over to our code editor,…and I'm going to open up my modules partial.…
Now I don't have anything in here yet,…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.