Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring package.json, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got this outline, so to speak,…let's look at what else we might want to add…to our package.json file.…If we go to the documentation,…we can see some rules for how package.json…should be structured.…And we can see everything that we're allowed to include.…We've already got the outline structure taken care of…so let's look at what else we want to add.…The ones I want to draw your attention to…is this one called dependencies…and then this other one called devDependencies.…
These are important.…They're the objects that you use to map certain packages…to the version of it that you want for your project.…And since I only need packages…during the development portion in my project,…not for my live site,…I'm going to use this devDependencies.…So here's a sample of how you could actually use that…in your package.json file.…You've got devDependencies here,…which is an object.…And it gets these curly brackets,…and then within it, it specified one package…called coffee-script in this example.…
I'm going to go ahead and add my first devDependency…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.