Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring bower.json, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] Just like with our package.json file…with bower.json, we can manually define our dependencies.…But, I like to use the command line to install them instead.…Over in the Bower documentation,…I see that I can do this using the command…bower install and then the package name.…Note here that Bower will install packages…into a new directory called bower_components…that's going to sit in our project root.…So the first package that I want to install is Bourbon.…
I'm going to search the packages here on the Bower site,…and I want this first one right here.…By the way, if you're trying to decide…between two packages that look similar,…for example, here's one called bourbon,…and another called bower-bourbon,…you can use things like the number…of stars here to determine popularity.…A package with a lot of stars…increases the likelihood that it's good.…You can also see who wrote it.…In this case, I know the thoughtbot team is behind Bourbon,…so it's definitely the one I want.…
But when in doubt, always carefully read the documentation…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.