Join Laurie Burruss for an in-depth discussion in this video Commenting a CSS style sheet, part of Creating a CSS Style Guide: Hands-On Training.
- View Offline
By adding the footer, we have really made that style page rock visually but…there are things we can do behind the scene. Remember it's front end and back…end design. Commenting is one of those ways. Typically when you go out for a…job interview in industry, there is a first interview where you show your…visual portfolio but there is what we call a callback or a second interview.…In that second interview, the employer will ask to look at your file structure,…to see your file folders, to actually see your code, to see your CSS style…sheets, to see your notes on how you started the project, even those text…documents that I showed earlier in this project.…
One of the ways you can show them that you really are in the know is to comment…your code and I always comment style sheets. Let's click on our Code View then…select our style guide. I do this as much for my team and for my clients as for…myself. Often when you are working with a client, three months later they will…call you back and say, "I would like you do some maintenance work" and this is…
Download the exercise files from the Exercise Files tab.
- Planning a site from a blank file
- Creating and editing a style guide with just HTML
- Using the Property Inspector for text markup
- Inserting images, tables, and footers for a custom look
- Creating and editing an external CSS style sheet
- Building a custom color palette for a site
- Testing web pages in various browsers
- Styling tips for professional sites