Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Code optimization in an HTTP/2 world, part of Developing for Performance: HTTP/2.
- [Teacher] As HTTP/2 comes online,…the way we optimize code for the web changes.…Many of the best practices we used to swear by…are still valid, but many others are now…either pointless or counterproductive.…In this chapter, we'll take a close look…at not only how to optimize our code for HTTP/2,…but also how to optimize delivery of assets,…and last but not least, how to optimize…our process through command line tools.…Before we roll on forward, let me point out…some landmarks so we can get our bearing.…First of all, minification is to code files…what optimization is to image files.…
- What is website optimization?
- Understanding how browsers render content
- Measuring performance
- Optimizing images
- Optimizing code
- Compressing data with GZIP
- Optimizing file caching
- Leveraging CDNs
Skill Level Advanced
Designing Websites for Performancewith Brian Wood43m 32s Appropriate for all
1. Web Performance: An Introduction
Plan of attack1m 52s
2. Web Performance Visualized
3. Optimizing Images
4. Markup and Content
5. Optimizing Delivery
6. The End
Thank you2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.