Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge, part of Introduction to CSS.
- [Instructor] I've got a challenge for you.…Are you ready?…So, what I'd like you to do is use embedded styles…to provide a little bit of style to an HTML document;…and let me show you what I'm talking about.…So in your exercise files,…I've provided this HTML starting point for you…that already has a little bit of CSS markup;…and what you're gonna do is add some style to this.…So this is what it looks like in the browser…with no styles applied.…So what's your challenge?…Well, you're gonna use embedded styles…to set all the text to gray, to set paragraph text…that happens within the content class to purple,…and to set the background color of the header to black.…
This will take you about three minutes to complete,…and here, on the right side,…you can see what the finished product will be.…Go ahead, try it out; and in the next movie,…I'll show you how I worked this out.…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.