- In this chapter, we've been working on…a 3-D rotating text effect.…So far, the letters have two animations,…one playing right after the other,…for the total effect.…For a nice follow-up challenge,…let's add a third animation to our letters.…You can use the files that you've already…been working on, or the starter files…I provided for this tutorial.…The objectives of this challenge are…to add a third animation to the chain of animations,…and remember that not all letters have to have…this third animation.…You could add a third one to just a few of the letters,…whatever you think will look best.…
And as a hint, be sure to start your third animation…with the same styles that the second animation ended on.…This is a fairly short challenge.…You should spend about 10 minutes or so,…adjusting your animation and kind of checking out the effect…to get something you like.…Then, when you're done, watch the solution video…to see what I came up with.…
Web designer Val Head introduces CSS transforms and transitions—the foundation of most CSS animations—and shows how to keyframe simple animations and adjust their timing, fill, and direction. She also covers looping and chaining animations, animating HTML and SVG elements, and optimizing animation performance, and introduces the best tools and use cases for CSS animation. Start watching to get your brand in motion.
- Using CSS transforms and transitions
- Working with animation-delay and animation-fill-mode
- Timing and easing CSS animations
- Animating elements in place
- Animating sprite images
- Animating CSS transforms and transitions
- Chaining multiple animations
- Animating SVG images
- Creating high-performance CSS animations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of CSS Transitions and Transforms
2. Understanding CSS Animations
3. CSS Animation Building Blocks
4. Applying CSS Animations to SVG
5. Performance, Browser Support, and Fallbacks
6. Tools for Creating CSS Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.