Join Val Head for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Adding keyframes to our animation, part of CSS: Animation.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- In this chapter, we've been working on…our robot animation, and so far,…it only has a starting point and an ending point…to the animation.…For a nice follow-up challenge,…let's add some additional keyframes.…You can use the files that you've already…been working on, or the starter files…I provided for this tutorial.…Our objectives for this challenge are…to define the animation keyframes in percentages,…make the robot move in more than one direction,…and to make the animation repeat at least twice.…This is a nice short challenge,…and you should spend about ten minutes or so…adjusting your keyframes,…then come back and watch the solutions video…to see what I made.…
Web designer Val Head introduces CSS transforms and transitions—the foundation of most CSS animations—and shows how to keyframe simple animations and adjust their timing, fill, and direction. She also covers looping and chaining animations, animating HTML and SVG elements, and optimizing animation performance, and introduces the best tools and use cases for CSS animation. Start watching to get your brand in motion.
- Using CSS transforms and transitions
- Working with animation-delay and animation-fill-mode
- Timing and easing CSS animations
- Animating elements in place
- Animating sprite images
- Animating CSS transforms and transitions
- Chaining multiple animations
- Animating SVG images
- Creating high-performance CSS animations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: CSS Animated Rolloverswith Chris Converse29m 46s Beginner
1. Overview of CSS Transitions and Transforms
2. Understanding CSS Animations
3. CSS Animation Building Blocks
4. Applying CSS Animations to SVG
5. Performance, Browser Support, and Fallbacks
6. Tools for Creating CSS Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.