Carrie Dils shares a brief overview of CSS history to set the context for where CSS is today. You will get an overview of W3C recommendations and CSS specifications.
- [Narrator] Unless you just love learning…about the origins of programming, you may not care about…the detailed history of CSS versions and specifications.…But I did want to spend just a couple of minutes…sharing where CSS has been,…to set the context for where CSS is now.…In the mid-90s we started with CSS level one, or CSS 1.…Then came CSS level two, or CSS 2.…And then, after many years of back and forth,…we finally had CSS 2.1, where two is the level…and the point one was the revision number.…
CSS versions one and two were these massive…set of specifications that included every last bit of CSS.…Selectors, formatting options,…units of measurement, everything.…The problem here was that in order to finish…a single specification, say working with images,…the whole thing needed to be complete.…As CSS has grown in complexity and new features added,…it didn't make sense to hold up the entire project…just to finish one bit.…Instead, all the specifications were split up…into individual modules, and these modules…were introduced as CSS 3 or CSS level three.…
- What is CSS?
- Understanding how CSS works with HTML
- Applying fonts
- Understanding the classic box model
- Setting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids
- Creating responsive layouts
- Tools that help you write and maintain CSS
Skill Level Beginner
1. CSS Basics
2. CSS Specifications
3. Common CSS Concepts
4. CSS Layouts
5. Working with CSS
6. Responsive CSS
7. Going Further with CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.