Rachel wraps up her discussion on CSS animations by looking at browser support. She also outlines the advantages of CSS animations and answers some audience questions.
- What's our coverage like with CSS animations?…Well, it's not as good as the coverage with CSS transitions.…Let me get into that.…Of course it's not available on IE 9 and lower,…and Opera Mini,…but what you didn't know…is that Safari and Android,…both of them,…still use webkit,…the webkit prefix.…It looks like they're coming down from that,…but still, if you actually go over to caniuse.com,…hang on, I can do this, here's my mouse,…if you actually go over here…and you say…"I wanna see the relative usage of these things"…here's where you can get the idea that…"Oh, quite a few of some of these browsers…"that are still popular and still being used…"by quite a lot of people,…"require that dash webkit prefix".…
And look at this, look at this Opera Mini coverage,…look at that!…(groans)…So you gotta keep this in mind…when you're animating stuff.…I always encourage people to look…at their actual user statistics.…If you're working on a site,…go find the people in marketing…and be like…"Could I have a look at our relative usage statistics?"…
Note: This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 09/15/2016. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- CSS transitions and animations
- Using animation in product design
- Creating a sprite animation with CSS
- Stateful transitions and supplemental animations
- Using developer tools to manipulate animations
- Jump cuts and in-betweening
- Static vs. dynamic animations
- Designing performant animations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: CSS Animated Rolloverswith Chris Converse29m 42s Beginner
Design the Web: SVG Rollovers with CSSwith Chris Converse23m 43s Beginner
1. CSS Transitions
2. CSS Animations
3. Animation in Design
4. Stateful Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.