- Layouts with HTML and CSS
- Using the display and float properties
- Using relative and absolute positioning
- Building page layouts with Flexbox
- How Grid differs from Flexbox
- Creating a basic Grid layout
- Positioning with Grid
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Creating layouts is one of the cornerstones of writing CSS. Using the various layout techniques, we can take control over where elements are positioned within the page, in relation to other page components as well as create complex multi-column layouts that are flexible and responsive. CSS layouts have gone through a lot of changes. From HTML tables to float based layouts and the new Flexbox and grid layout modules. There's a lot of different techniques out there. Hi, I'm Christina Truong and I invite you to join me for my course on LinkedIn Learning where I'll cover all the different ways to create page layouts with CSS. By the end of this course you'll learn about the differences between the various techniques and how to support new and old projects.
Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susywith Carrie Dils2h 59m Intermediate
1. An Overview of Page Layouts
2. Float, Display, and Position
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.