Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Understanding boilerplates, grids, and frameworks
- Choosing a framework
- Building your own framework
- Crafting a deployment strategy
- Modifying files
- Customizing typography and color
- Filling in framework gaps
- Exploring grid-based syntax
- Nesting grids
- Using mobile grids
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm James Williamson, Senior Author here at lynda.com, and I want to welcome you to CSS Frameworks and Grids. In this course, we're gonna examine how using frameworks can help speed up site development and create more consistent code. First, we'll explore exactly what CSS-based frameworks are and when it's appropriate to use them. We'll then discuss how to choose a framework that's right for you and take a look at some of the more popular frameworks and grids. From there, we'll go hands on as we examine how to integrate a framework into the process of building sites.
Finally, we'll tackle how using a CSS grid system can control page layout and the pros and cons of using them. CSS frameworks aren't right for everyone or every project; however, in the right circumstances they can dramatically speed up the prototyping and site development process. So, if you've ever wondered if CSS frameworks are right for you, grab a beverage and let's get started.