CSS: Frameworks and Grids
Have you wondered if using a CSS framework will speed up your site development? In this course, senior author James Williamson introduces the types of frameworks available—including the most popular choices among working web developers—and provides an honest assessment of the pros and cons to using a framework. He guides you through downloading a framework, setting up a directory structure, and building a framework-based site, such as structuring the HTML and working with forms. A separate chapter explores layout grids, often included with CSS frameworks, which provide a simple system for laying out page content.
- Understanding boilerplates, grids, and frameworks
- Choosing a framework
- Building your own framework
- Crafting a deployment strategy
- Modifying files
- Customizing typography and color
- Filling in framework gaps
- Exploring grid-based syntax
- Nesting grids
- Using mobile grids
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm James Williamson, Senior Author here at lynda.com, and I want to welcome you to CSS Frameworks and Grids. In this course, we're gonna examine how using frameworks can help speed up site development and create more consistent code. First, we'll explore exactly what CSS-based frameworks are and when it's appropriate to use them. We'll then discuss how to choose a framework that's right for you and take a look at some of the more popular frameworks and grids. From there, we'll go hands on as we examine how to integrate a framework into the process of building sites.
Finally, we'll tackle how using a CSS grid system can control page layout and the pros and cons of using them. CSS frameworks aren't right for everyone or every project; however, in the right circumstances they can dramatically speed up the prototyping and site development process. So, if you've ever wondered if CSS frameworks are right for you, grab a beverage and let's get started.
CSS: Visual Optimization132,853 Views
CSS: Flexbox First Look186,396 Views
CSS: Animations (2013)205,369 Views
CSS: Formatting Visual Data86,504 Views
CSS: Gradients111,739 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,271,059 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
CSS: Page Layouts1,737,181 Views
CSS: Core Concepts2,449,840 Views