- Understanding boilerplates, grids, and frameworks
- Choosing a framework
- Building your own framework
- Setting up a framework: from download to customization
- Building a new framework-based website
- Working with grids
Skill Level Intermediate
- Howdy. My name's Carrie Dils, and this course is all about how using CSS Frameworks can speed up your website development and create better, more consistent code. We'll start by exploring exactly what CSS Frameworks are and when you should use them. Then we're going to take a look at some of the more popular frameworks and discuss how to choose the one that's best for you. We're also going to get our hands dirty in some code, looking at how to set up a framework and integrate it into a development workflow.
We'll also talk about the pros and cons of using a CSS Framework. They aren't right for everyone or every project, but in the right circumstances, they can dramatically speed up the prototyping and site development process. If you're looking to learn about CSS Frameworks and wondering if one's right for you, you're in the right spot. So saddle up your horses and lets hit the trail.