Rachel introduces the developer tools in both Firefox and Chrome. She demonstrates how they can be used to play, pause, and adjust the speed of animations running in the browser. Rachel will take a more in-depth look at the developer tools later in the course.
- So, we've been talking about taking a look…at how fast things are going in the browser,…and I said, you know,…whatever your duration is…you want to have it and then have it again.…There's another option which is that you can work…in your browser, yes, you can do this today…with your developer tools,…with all of your animations slowed down by default.…So, you'll be developing them…with short durations by default.…Let me show you how you would do this.…We are gonna use my site.…
Let me open up Firefox Developer Edition here.…We have these options in Firefox Developer Edition…and Chrome, and I'm going to show you how to do it in both.…So, here in Firefox Developer Edition,…I've opened the developer tools using command alt I…or if you're on a Windows machine…you'd use control alt I.…Now let's see.…We have got an animation tab right here.…
I'm gonna make these a little bit smaller…so that we can see a little bit better…but down here we've got the animation tab.…We got a lot of timelines.…They're cool, we'll check them out…
Note: This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 09/15/2016. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- CSS transitions and animations
- Using animation in product design
- Creating a sprite animation with CSS
- Stateful transitions and supplemental animations
- Using developer tools to manipulate animations
- Jump cuts and in-betweening
- Static vs. dynamic animations
- Designing performant animations
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: CSS Animated Rolloverswith Chris Converse29m 42s Beginner
Design the Web: SVG Rollovers with CSSwith Chris Converse23m 43s Beginner
1. CSS Transitions
2. CSS Animations
3. Animation in Design
4. Stateful Animations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.