So now we're going to style the atmosphere section.…We're going to bring in a graphic down here…just like we did with the SPG graphics here in section main…and the header, and then we're going to…position the type over toward the right.…So let's go back to our CSS file.…We'll start by targeting section.atmosphere.…So we'll target the main container.…We're going to set a position property of relative.…We're going to position items inside of this.…
Next, we'll set margin bottom.…We'll set 40px.…Then we'll set padding top.…We're going to set this to 50px.…And now instead of assigning a background color,…I'm going to put a border on the top of this element.…That will help separate the items on the printed page,…but we don't want users to have to print a full color…in the background.…So we'll define border top.…We'll set 1px, solid style,…and for the color, we'll pick a medium gray.…
So #, and then a c…for each of the red, green, and blue properties.…Next, we'll add a psuedo element of before…to the section.atmosphere…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.