Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the spacing of the navigation and footer, part of Creating a Responsive Web Design.
- So now we'll make some final adjustments to our…navigation area and the footer.…So for the navigation, first we want to remove the…background color for the unordered lists that are sub items.…And we also want to remove the triangles here and…indent the links, so we can still see the hierarchy…of the link structure.…So back in our CSS.…So still inside the navigation system,…and still inside of our media query for 625 pixels wide.…Let's come down here and let's now target the…unordered lists inside of an unordered list.…
So nav, space ul, space ul.…Put in our brackets.…We're going to come in here and set background to none.…That will remove all background properties.…Next, we're going to show the hierarchy.…So we're going to type nav, space ul,…space ul, space li, space a.…So for any of the anchor tags inside of a list item…that are inside of two levels of unordered lists,…we're going to set a margin left of 30 pixels.…
So set margin left 30.…Let's duplicate that rule.…Let's come down here and add a…third level of unordered lists.…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.