Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the navigation, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] Our page is starting to come together…rather nicely at this point,…but I want to go ahead and clean up this header…to show the name here, TechChops at the left side…and this navigation float up to the right side…when we're at a wide layout like this…and then at the small size,…let's just go ahead and center that title.…So let's start by going over to our header partial…and I'm just going to go ahead…and add that text-align center there.…
So if I come back here and refresh…I can see that the title was centered…and the nav is supposedly centered…but we've got some extra padding here,…that's causing it to look a little ugly right now.…And let's go ahead and fix that now.…So similar to what we looked at with our layout…for our features, content, and our sidebar,…we're going to use breakpoints to adjust our navigation.…So let's go ahead…and let's double check our index.html…to see what kind of markup we need to target,…and we're going to work with this nav…with a class of header nav.…
Now I could add this to my header partial…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.