- Now by moving the navigation element…down to where it appears in the HTML code,…we now have an issue here where the navigation item…was supplying us with that semi-transparent black color.…So now we've lost the interplay with that darker color…against the background graphic for our logo.…So what we're going to do now is…redefine the way the anchor tag is being displayed…inside of the header area to recreate that same effect.…So let's go back to our CSS file and in our header area,…let's go in and target the anchor tag with a class of logo.…
So header a.logo.…Let's add in our brackets.…Let's split this open.…Now but we're first going to do…is we're going to set a width property to 100%.…Then we're going to set a height of 66px.…So now the logo will be as wide as the entire header,…but still only 66px tall.…On the next line let's redefine the position properties.…So we're going to set a left property of 0px…and a top property of 0px as well.…
Next we'll add in a background color that will match…the background color we were using…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.