- Now the next section I want to adjust…for these really small screens is going to be…the How-to section so let's comment out the section here…for main and the section for atmosphere.…So back to our text editor, let's go into our HTML file.…Let's come in here and let's add an HTML comment…before this section of class main.…So less than sign, exclamation point, two hyphens.…Then we'll scroll down to after the atmosphere section,…two hyphens, and then a greater than sign.…So with those commented out, back to the browser.…
Let's hit reload.…Now we'll see the How-To section showing up…just after the header.…So now let's go back to our CSS.…Let's hit a few returns.…I'll add in a CSS comment called How-To.…Then we'll target the div.content inside of the aside…inside of section How-To.…So we'll type section.how-to, space, aside,…space, div.content.…Then we'll put in our brackets…and then we'll change the padding properties…so we have room at the top of these elements…for the image.…
So I'll type padding, 140 pixels on the top,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.