- So the last thing we need to do…to complete our design…across all of the varying screen sizes…is make some adjustments to the footer…on these small screens.…So let's go back to our text editor.…Let's go back to our HTML file.…We added an HTML comment earlier…around the section for main…and the section for atmosphere.…So let's come in here and cut the ending comment…after section with the class of atmosphere.…And let's come down here…and let's encompass all of the navigation…and the how-to section as well.…
So we'll just see the footer.…So let's paste that ending comment…after the ending navigation element.…Then back in the browser we can hit reload.…And now we can see our footer element showing up…right under the heading.…So now let's go back to our CSS file…and let's add some rules…to style the footer area.…So I'll come down here…and add a CSS comment for footer.…Add a few returns.…And the main thing we're going to do in here…is set the anchor links up…so that they will display vertically.…So the way we're going to do that…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.