Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional resources, part of CSS Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] I want to thank you for watching…CSS Fundamentals.…I hope that you feel better prepared…to begin learning CSS…and that you have a better overall understanding…of how CSS works than when you started.…I want to leave you with a couple of additional resources…that I haven't mentioned yet in this title.…The Web Developer's Handbook which you can find at…alvit.de/handbook…has one of the most massive lists of CSS resources…that you're gonna find anywhere.…
They offer links to inspirational sites,…tutorials, blogs, tools and services, and more.…Some of these links and tutorials are a little old,…but that's not actually a bad thing.…Understanding some of the challenges…that designers have faced over the years regarding CSS…will give you a better perspective of its present state.…Plus, many of the older links to tutorials…feature techniques that are still being used today.…I'm also a huge fan of the…Mozilla Developers Network resource site.…You can find this by searching for…Mozilla Developers Network…and then clicking on the CSS link.…
CSS Fundamentals covers the basic concepts, terminology, and techniques you need to read and write CSS. It's for people who want a big-picture overview before taking hands-on courses. Author James Williamson explains how CSS affects text, borders, backgrounds, and images; how CSS works with HTML; and how the W3C's evolving CSS specification impacts designers. He also reviews some of the most popular CSS editors and frameworks and lists online tools and resources for further study.
- What is CSS?
- Basic selector types
- Using CSS with HTML
- How browsers render CSS differently
- Exploring CSS specifications
- Checking browser support
- Working with fonts
- Understanding the box model
- Adjusting margins and padding
- Positioning elements
- Basic CSS layout concepts
- Media types and media queries
- Working with CSS frameworks and CSS grids