Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding version control, part of Responsive CSS Workflow with Sass, Bourbon, and Susy.
- [Instructor] Since we're talking about workflow,…I wanted to talk to you about version control with Git,…which is something I use in all my projects.…You don't have to use it to follow along with this course,…but since it's something I use, I wanted to mention it.…Now, if you don't have Git installed on your machine,…you're going to need to go to this website here…and click on the download link.…I'm going to go ahead and click on this download for Mac.…Now, this is showing me the download for Mac…because it's detecting that I'm on a Mac.…So, based on your operating system,…you'll see the appropriate download there.…
Once that's downloaded, I can go ahead…and click on the download to start the install process.…You might need to type in your credentials…as part of the process.…I'm going to close this out and now that I've got it installed,…I'm going to switch over to my terminal…and just make sure that everything went okay…and I'll do that by just typing the Git command.…We can see it sent me back a bunch of stuff…
- Reviewing what Sass is and how it works
- Analyzing workflow options
- Setting up a folder structure
- Adding version control
- Working with package managers
- Setting up a workflow with Grunt
- Scaffolding HTML
- Modularizing a Sass with partials
- Creating a color palette with variables
- Using Font Awesome
- Creating a mobile-first layout
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with Sasswith Ray Villalobos4h 55m Intermediate
CSS to Sass: Converting an Existing Sitewith John Riviello2h 28m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Package Managers
3. Setting Up a Workflow with Grunt.js
4. Scaffolding Your HTML
5. Sass Principles
6. Styling with Sass and Bourbon
7. Responsive Layout Grids with Susy
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.