- So now we're going to style these heading links…and we're going to bring in the SVG graphics.…So, back to our CSS.…We're still inside of section.main.…Let's hit a few returns.…Let's come up here and copy section.main.…Let's add a new rule then a space.…We're going to target aside, then a space.…Then we're going to target the h3 element.…Then a space.…Then the anchor tag.…So what we're doing here, if we look back in the HTML,…is we're targeting the aside…with the anchor tag inside of the h3.…
So back in our CSS, what we want to do here…is we're going to set the color to black.…So that's 3 zeroes for red, green and blue.…We're also going to set text decoration to none…so that will get rid of the underline.…Now, on the next line, let's set a hover property for this.…So let's come in here and copy this entire rule,…paste it on the next line, colon,…add the pseudo-class of hover,…put in our brackets,…and then we'll set text decoration to underline.…
Back in the browser, you can hit reload.…Now our headings will show up in black,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.