- So now we're going to finish styling elements…inside of the block quote.…And what I want to do is I want to add…a large set of quote marks here…I want to add a quote to the end of the quote…and we want to add an m dash.…So if we review the original design…this is what we want to have happen.…But just like before I don't want to add anything…to the html if I don't have to.…So I want to add this additional content into the page…using css pseudo elements.…This will give us the ability to add content…so the user can see it,…but again not change anything about the html.…
So to add these pseudo elements let's go back to our css…let's scroll down, we're still working in the section how to…So I add a few more lines here.…Let's come up and copy the section how to block quote…rule name.…Let's paste that down here.…Then we'll add two colons.…Then we'll type in before.…So now we'll add this phantom html element…or the pseudo element…as the first item inside of the block quote.…So then inside of the brackets,…in order to make this pseudo element show up…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.