- Now we're ready to start adding some content…into our Section element here…with a class of main.…Now, before we add the HTML,…let's quickly review the individual elements…that we're going to need.…In order to create these three columns,…we're going to put each one of these columns…into an element called an aside.…Each aside will have a div element inside of there,…then will have an h3 element…with an anchor tag inside,…so you can click on these,…and then a paragraph element inside as well.…So we'll have three sets of these elements…that we can later style.…
Back in our HTML document,…let's get our cursor inside of the section tag.…I'll hit a few returns and split this open.…We want to add those three asides first.…We'll start with our beginning tag.…We'll type "aside"…and the tag and the element.…Let's copy and paste two more of these…so now we have three asides.…Let's come into the first aside.…Let's split this open.…Let's get our cursor inside of here…and let's add a div element,…then a space.…
We'll add a class of content…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.