- So now we're ready to add some content to the header area.…Now what we're going to need to add…is going to be an anchor tag for the logo.…We need a div container to hold the hero area.…Inside of the hero area, we're going…to have an h1 tag and an anchor tag.…So these individual elements are going…to hold our content…and then we're going to style this later on…with CSS to match the layout we see here.…Now we're going to add some content…into the header element.…So let's get our cursor inside…of the header element here.…Let's hit a few returns to split this open.…Let's come in here.…
And the first thing we're going to do…is add an anchor tag.…We're going to give it a class of logo.…And we're going to use this…as the logo at the top of the page.…And I like to put this inside of an anchor tag…so that you can click the logo…to go back to the home page.…So we'll start by typing in a tag.…We'll set class.…We'll set this equal to logo, then a space.…And it's also a good idea to add a title…to all of your anchor tags.…So title equals, and then we'll put in the name…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.