- Now we're going to add some content to the section…with a class of atmosphere.…So let's scroll down here and find that section element.…Let's hit a few returns,…split this open,…and now before we add any tags here,…let's review the html elements that we're going to need…based on the layout.…So for the atmosphere section we're only going to need…an outer article element.…And then inside of the article element we'll have…and <h2> tag, we'll have a <p> tag and an <a> link.…And we're going to style this particular <a> tag…the same way we're going to style…the one up in the heading area.…
So back in the html file,…let's start with our <article> tag,…let's end the element…Let's come in here and split that open…and then inside of the <article> element we need…to add our content.…So just like before,…instead of us typing in all this content,…let's go back to our snipits file.…Let's scroll down to the atmosphere section.…Let's find the <h2> tag and <p> element.…Let's select and copy all of this content.…Go back to index at html,…
The exercise files for this course are free to all members. Download them and start creating your own responsive websites today.
- Planning your layout
- Creating HTML containers, content, and links
- Creating and styling the layout with CSS
- Creating a menu system
- Styling headings, body text, and footers
- Styling and repositioning navigation links
- Swapping high-resolution graphics for Retina displays
- Making sure content is printable
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Building a Responsive Portfolio Sitewith Justin Seeley1h 47m Intermediate
1. Preparing the HTML Content and Structure
2. Creating the Style and Layout with CSS
3. Creating a Menu System with CSS
4. Making Layout Adjustments for Large and Medium Screens
5. Making Adjustments for Small Screens
6. Making Adjustments for the Smallest Screens
7. Making Layout and Content Adjustments for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.