Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video About the exercise files, part of Creating a Responsive Homepage Marquee.
- There are two sets of exercise files available with this course. One set is free, which are available to all members. And another set is available only to the premium subscribers. When you download the exercise files, there are two folders. There's a snippets directory, inside there's a snippets.html file. This is basically a file that I put together to save you from any repetitive typing. However, any of the core functionality and core learning that's happening in this course, we're going to be performing ourselves. So again, this is just saving you from any repetitive typing. Now inside of the my marquee directory, there's an index.html file.
These are set to 30 pixels by 50 pixels. And we'll use these for the alternate navigation buttons on the right and left of the marquee. And once you have the exercise files downloaded, and you have your images created, let's start building our project.
- Creating SEO-friendly markup for the marquee data
- Adding and populating an HTML debug area
- Creating a marquee timer
- Injecting HTML markup
- Creating navigation buttons
- Halting animations based on user interaction
- Loading and cross-fading content
- Styling the marquee with CSS
- Using media queries for more precise responsiveness