Get a high-level overview of the new CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+) certification exam. Learn about the value of certification, and review the four exam domains that make up the CSA+ exam objective blueprint.
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to this first look at the Cybersecurity Analyst Plus exam. The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Plus or CSA Plus is a brand new certification from the creators of the popular entry level Security Plus certification for information security professionals. The CSA Plus is meant to serve as a middle ground between Security Plus and CompTIA's advanced Security Practitioner certification. If you've already earned your Security Plus certification, and you have around three or four years of experience working in the cybersecurity field, this is a great certification for you to advance your career.
I've been an information security professional for over two decades in the government, private industry, and higher education. I hold the Security Plus, Cybersecurity Analyst Plus, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional certifications. And I've been active as a security certification expert for many years. I was also one of the very first people to earn the CSA Plus certification and I literally wrote the book on the CSA Plus. I encourage you to pick up a copy of my CSA Plus study guide to help you prepare for this exam, in conjunction with this course.
Through my books and courses here on this site, I've literally helped thousands of students just like you, earn security certifications. In this course, I'll provide you with the background knowledge that you need to begin your preparations for the CSA Plus exam. We'll cover the value of the CSA Plus certification, describe the four domains of the CSA Plus curriculum, give you an insiders view of the exam, and help you design your own study strategy. Alright, let's get rolling!
- Careers in information security
- Exploring the CSA+ domains
- Threat management
- Vulnerability management
- Cyber incident response
- Security architecture and tool sets
- Reviewing the CSA+ exam environment and question types
- Passing the CSA+ exam