Study for CISSP certification. Get CISSP training to pass the second domain of the CISSP exam on asset security, including data governance, encryption, storage, and disposal.
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Asset Security course. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the second of those eight domains, asset security. As we work our way through this course we will focus on each topic covered by domain two. We'll review the concepts of data governance, including information classification and ownership. We'll also cover information security and privacy controls, including data handling requirements. You'll learn about the proper retention and disposal of sensitive information, and that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course.
These topics, combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. All right, let's get rolling.
Members who take all eight courses in the series will be prepared to take and pass the CISSP exam. Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Understanding data security policies and roles
- Limiting data collection
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging industry standards
- Restricting access to data with Windows and Linux file permissions
- Encrypting data
- Securing cloud storage