Virtualization allows multiple guest operating systems to run on a single hardware platform. This provides tremendous flexibility, portability of systems among hardware and cost-effective sharing of hardware resources. Learn about the security issues surrounding virtualization, including snapshots, patching, host availability, elasticity, security control testing and sandboxing.
- [Teacher] Virtualization is taking data centers by storm.…Between public and private cloud computing, a significant…portion of the world's servers are now virtualized.…Virtualization technology allows multiple guest…operating systems to run on a single hardware platform.…This technology provides tremendous flexibility,…portability of systems among hardware,…and cost-effective sharing of hardware resources.…Now let's take a look at the host security issues…that you'll need to tackle in a virtualized environment.…
One of the most powerful tools granted…by a virtualization platform is the ability…to quickly and easily snapshot systems.…Since a virtualized system doesn't have any actual hardware,…all it is, is a file stored on a disk.…You can make a copy of that file just as you would…any other file, and quickly have a copy of the…entire system that you can spin up as a new server.…Let me give that a try.…I'm running the Parallels Virtualization Platform on my Mac.…As you can see here, I have a guest machine installed…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Security (2015)with Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.